Friday, December 18, 2009

*In Memory of Noah*



January 9th, 2007 I brought home a 10-pound bundle of fun named Noah. A Boxer and my first dog as an adult, I was hopeful and certain that he would be with me for many years to come. There is no pretending that he was the best-mannered dog in the world, but his extremely goofy, outgoing personality and love for every person he met seemed to make up for his frequent misbehaving. Only one month after his 3rd birthday, I noticed some things out of the ordinary for Noah and decided to schedule an appointment with the Vet. I arrived at the Vet on a Wednesday afternoon, fully expecting to leave an hour later with medicine for something simple, but instead left preparing myself to possibly have just a short time left with my dog. Over the next couple of days, his health rapidly deteriorated and the Vets confident diagnosis was that he had a brain tumor. Sadly, I had to say goodbye to my sweet pup the morning of December 12th, 2009. Emotionally, the situation has been incredibly hard, but I am glad to know that he is no longer sick and suffering. I am thankful for the short time we had together and I will miss him terribly.

0 comments: