Monday, February 20, 2012
Posted by Ash Mac at 11:20 PM
Monday, February 13, 2012
I love Valentine's Day! I honestly get giddy and excited when, after Christmas, I walk into the stores and they're full of red chocolate hearts and pink balloons and all things lovey-dovey. Weird, I know - maybe I'm broken - but there is not much about Valentine's Day that doesn't bring a smile to my face! :) So in honor of cheesy, mushy-gushy things, my middle school persona looked up some of my fav things from the past and posted the links below... Enjoy!
*Magic 8 Ball*
<3 Love Calculator <3
<3 Paper Fortune Teller <3
Posted by Ash Mac at 10:51 PM
Tuesday, February 7, 2012
"the heavens proclaim the glory of God, the skies display his craftmanship...they speak without a sound or word...yet their message has gone throughout the earth and their words to all the world....the instructions of the Lord are perfect, reviving the soul. the decrees of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple. the commandments of the Lord are right, bringing joy to the heart. the commands of the Lord are clear, giving insight for living"
-psalm 19: 1-4; 7-8
1) To blog more. Maybe even once a week. Plenty of my blogs are worthless mumbling, but some are also serious and heartfelt. And I think sometimes they just really help me process things I'm learning or thinking. I figure that's as good a motivator as any to keep it up.
2) Take more pictures. I used to take soooo many pictures and now I feel like I never do. Not sure what happened, but I want to make more of an effort. Starting with maybe a picture per week, with my blog. (I'm thinking optimistically here, people!)
3) Read more. Last year I had a resolution to read a book a month and I almost made it. This year, I want to read AT LEAST a book a month. And, the picture above is not only my first weekly picture, but also the start of my reading list. Most of these books were recommended and I'm pretty excited to dig in!
4) Volunteer more. I want to get out of my comfort zone and serve others more. I don't think this one needs more explanation.
5) Be more unplugged. I want to spend less time attached to my phone, my email, or social networking and more time actually face to face with people.
6) Get back up more. I'm a sinner and I mess up daily. And I wish that wasn't the case but it is. But I don't want to let those things keep me down. The funny thing about new years resolutions is its like an excuse when you fail to wait until this "reset" point to start over. But I don't want to do that - I want to get back up and try again each time.
Posted by Ash Mac at 5:03 PM
Tuesday, November 1, 2011
Posted by Ash Mac at 7:03 AM
Monday, October 24, 2011
a quick highlight recap from april 'til now, (mostly all good) GO:
april - injured my knee
may - TOO MANY chiro and pt appointments
june - started full-time at camp
july - moldova trip
august - new discipleship class at church
september - lots and lots of weekend travel
anddd a little expansion on the updates of life over the past 6 months
1) working at camp, is in short - totally a God thing, from the timing of it, to the way He changed and prepared my heart for being here. so cool that this place i've been a part of for the majority of my life is now also where i work.
2) this is easily the most happy and content i've ever been in raleigh, nc. LOVE it here and i know that too could only be a God thing.
3) 1 week from tomorrow is mine and ali's bday!! we're planning to celebrate with a trip to nyc and the taylor swift concert! it's def fun having a twin to celebrate with every year! :)
4) only 2 trips to the state fair this year...a little disappointing but life is just so busy!
Saturday morning, a couple of weeks ago, I went to a meeting for this business that I'm a part of. The services are great, something I have for myself and believe in, but something I rarely tell others about. This was the first meeting of this kind I have been to and the purpose of the meeting seemed to be a reminder of how great these services are and a motivator to get you to share, share, share what you have with others. There were testimonies of success story after success story about how these services had worked for others, and statistics from individuals polled about how if they only knew such a service existed that they would immediately want in. All of these things are so true and I was definitely inspired and excited again thinking about what I have that I could be sharing with others, but most of the time I'm not - out of fear. But even more than being excited about this business, I was wholeheartedly, completely convicted about the lack of passion I have for sharing my faith with others around me - mostly, out of fear.
Near the end of the meeting, one of the speakers pointed out what a "unique" opportunity we have with this service, and if that is not also a great word to describe the gift of salvation then I don't know what is! Fully God and fully human, perfect Jesus took my place on the cross so that someday I could spend eternity in heaven with Him. Someone loved me enough to die for sinful, selfish me and wants a relationship with me. Isn't that what most of us are seeking in this life anyhow - something or someone to fill that hole or void we feel? That place we fit, that person to complete us and make us feel totally satisfied?
I've been reading in Mark lately and there are a number of stories where God touches someone and heals them. And each time He does this, that person wastes no time running back to their friends and family to share the good news of what God has done. Maybe God isn't casting out demons in my life or healing my blind eyes, but there are certainly so many "success stories" of the ways God has been totally faithful and worked modern-day miracles in my life. And there are so many lost hurting people around me who have never heard or seen that this relationship is for real; that God is real. I want to continuously be seeking Jesus and being reminded of who He is and what He has done in my life that I can't help but to minister out of overflow.
Posted by Ash Mac at 8:22 PM
Friday, October 21, 2011
i have every intention of starting to blog again soon. promise. :)
Posted by Ash Mac at 3:44 PM
Friday, August 19, 2011
i always think i've got it figured out....only to realize i dont. at all.
i'm just not there yet. sorry
Posted by Ash Mac at 12:02 AM
Thursday, May 19, 2011
"the heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps"
overwhelmed at where things in my life seemed to be heading right now. it's all good, don't get me wrong - i'm excited! just so surprised that this is where i am. not a place i probably would've have imagined a year ago, but honestly i feel like all of it is a product of me taking small steps of faith and in obedience to things i felt God leading me to do. i just had no idea where He was taking me. and He has continued to confirm in one way or another each step.
i'm humbled and amazed. a little nervous to let go of a few things, but excited about what comes next.
i'll keep you posted :)
Posted by Ash Mac at 3:02 PM
Monday, May 16, 2011
moldova: turns out God answered prayers so much quicker than my little faith expected and as of friday, i have raised $2030 for my trip, with a verbal promises of $150 more!
i finished book #5 for the year and am already started on #6. if that makes me a dork - i'm okay with it.
tangled - incredibly.cute.movie.
Posted by Ash Mac at 1:43 PM
Thursday, May 5, 2011
in case you haven't already heard, this summer i am going to Moldova on a mission trip. why Moldova, you may ask? i say - why not Moldova ? there's a saying i've heard a number of different times that goes something like "you either give or you go" and God has definitely given me a big desire to GO! so when the opportunity was presented to me, in short, i thought - what reason do i have to not go? Jesus has commanded us to go and make disciples and i'm excited to be a part of the Great Commission. as a bonus, turns out Shelley is also going! she said yes to the trip the same day i did, and neither of us knew it. i'm thinking that is totally a God thing.
for more info about the trip you can click the picture below to see my support letter. i've also put a picture of my fundraising thermometer so i can keep everyone updated on my progress.
please be praying for myself, as well as the rest of the team, as we prepare for this trip. and, if you would like to be involved in this trip through financially giving - just get in touch with me! :)
Posted by Ash Mac at 10:03 PM