Thursday, November 4, 2010

why do i vote?

this explanation comes a few days late, but just something that's played over in my mind a lot this past week. why exactly do i vote? i mean sure, i want my "voice to be heard" and all...but it is definitely easy to think that one vote really wont make a difference. that statement could, or couldn't be true. but, even more than wanting a say in who it is that leads my country, my county, and the schools my future children may or may not attend...i vote because i can. God allowed me to live in the United States of America. i have been given a lot of rights and freedoms that people in many other places don't have. and one of those, a big one, is the right to help choose who my leaders are. its a simple reason really, but also so big. i'm blessed to live in a place like this where i can vote. so i guess really, a better question, is why wouldn't i vote?

0 comments: