Monday, February 13, 2012

l.o.v.e.

I love Valentine's Day!  I honestly get giddy and excited when, after Christmas, I walk into the stores and they're full of red chocolate hearts and pink balloons and all things lovey-dovey.  Weird, I know - maybe I'm broken - but there is not much about Valentine's Day that doesn't bring a smile to my face! :)  So in honor of cheesy, mushy-gushy things, my middle school persona looked up some of my fav things from the past and posted the links below... Enjoy! 

*Magic 8 Ball*
<3 Love Calculator <3
*M.A.S.H.*
<3 Paper Fortune Teller <3



This weekend, we got to spend some time with my Aunt Rachel and Aunt Shirley, two of my grandma's seven sisters.  Ali and I grew up going to their house.  In fact, when we were born, Ali had to stay in the hospital a few days longer than I did, so I spent my first few days at their house while my mom stayed with Ali.  When we were little, we would have sleepovers, make caramel popcorn and watch movies together.  Or we would take trips to the mountains and the beach, some before we were even old enough to remember.  They are even responsible for one of only two truly successful April Fool's pranks I've ever been a part of  in life! :P These two never married and have lived together for as long as I can remember.  And while to some, even me at certain times, it seems like that could've been such a sad life of singleness, theirs has honestly been anything but.  First, and foremost, both of them love and serve Jesus with their lives and know that  He alone is all that will ever really satisfy.  But, in addition to that, it seems they have truly embraced the gift of singleness and have lived their lives to the fullest, in spite of their single state.  And because of that, their lives have been so full of adventure, friends, family, love and an obvious joy that could only come from truly walking with Jesus.  I hope that I can follow along in their example of seeking Jesus first and then choosing to enjoy whatever stage of life He has me in and all that it has to offer!

0 comments: