Monday, September 13, 2010

let it go

i've spent so much time in my life fighting God for things i thought i wanted. even things that though they might not be bad for me, were also not good for me...because they weren't where God wanted me, or who He wanted me with. deep down i knew something wasn't right, i even knew they weren't right....but i fought God for these things or these people anyway. it was too scary to think of letting them go and what might happen. what might come next. and, though so painful sometimes to let go - i don't regret any of those decisions. peace and joy with where i am are SOOOO much better than the constant questioning, restlessness, over-analyzing, and justification that always came from holding on so tightly to those things and those people.


it kills me.....like really breaks my heart...to see some friends going through those same things.

* jonah 2:8-9*

i'll take Jesus and His love any day over the worthless idols i make out of things and relationships in this world.

*i've been holding on so tight.
look at these knuckles, they've gone white.
i'm fighting for who i wanna be.
i'm just trying to find security.

but You say let it go, You say let it go.
You say life is waiting for the ones who lose control.
You say you will be everything i need.
You say if i lose my life it's then i'll find my soul.
You say let it go*



0 comments: