Wednesday, July 15, 2009

For starters...

so, i've been thinking about this whole blog thing for a while...and FINALLY i've decided to give it a try. all i can say is - we'll see how long this lasts! :P

i guess blogging could be good for different things...like keeping people updated about whats going in my life or big decisions or prayer requests or all of the above. or, i always find it amusing to read random stuff that other people blog about so i'm guessing i could probably use it to vent or voice my opinion on all sorts of things, and only those who are actually interested have to pay attention!

seeing as how this is my first official post, i figured for starters i'd just create a list with some random points about me and my life in general - past and present...fun facts if you will. maybe you'll learn something new... so, in no particular order, here goes :)....


#1) i have a twin sister. depends on who you ask, but i think the older we get the more we look alike; we will NEVER be anywhere near identical. personality wise - we are total opposites, but she's the best friend i'll ever have.

#2) i hate bluetooth earpiece thingies.... i mean, MAYBE if its the middle of the work day and you are some really official business person who is literally too busy to hold a phone, then i could possibly excuse it - but seriously, is 99% of the population so busy and important that their phone has to LITERALLY be attached to their ear while grocery shopping or attending a funeral?! once, i even saw a guy on an obvious first date with a bluetooth in his ear - i sure hope she didn't give him a second date!

#3) i don't like to talk on the phone (which could possibly add to my dislike of bluetooth devices). i screen calls, rarely listen to voicemails and i've even become horrible at responding to text messages and emails! face to face is definitely my preferred method of communication.

#4) i love dogs. A L O T. i'm actually pretty sure it's unhealthy how much i love them. God has totally used my love for dogs in some ways to convict me about the passion and love i sometimes lack for people...funny how that works!

#5) i've always had to sleep with my bed pushed up against the wall but it seems like all "real" adults have their beds sitting sort of in the middle of the wall. the past few months i've been embracing adulthood and have finally moved my bed away from the wall.

#6) snacking in between meals is really not my thing. candy and sweets are definitely not my favorite, but give me chips and salsa and it will be gone in no time.

#7) when i was little i broke my foot and my dad swore it was just a sprain. to this day the bone sticks out ridiculously far.

#8) happiness versus joy is a huge thing i've learned the difference between this past year; mostly due to the end of a really long relationship and friendship. easily one of the hardest things i've ever been through BUT i've been amazed at the literal joy and peace God has totally provided through trusting in Him and where He has me.

#9) thankfully, in this economy, i do still have a job, so i should def. spend less time complaining about it. it has taught me and grown me as a person a lot these past three years. and i know God can use me as a missionary for Him wherever i am, but sooner, like really soon, rather than later, i'd really like to be doing ministry as a full-time job. not sure yet what that looks like specifically, but i'm praying harder about it now, than i think i ever have. you can pray too, if you want! :)

#10) i'm definitely not committed to raleigh long term. i can't say that i won't still be here 10 years from now, but i'm 100% not opposed to being somewhere else either. i've got an "itch" as my cousin called it a few weeks ago.

#11) some day, if God allows, i really just want to be a wife and a mom. :)

#12) i love to read and wish i did more of it. when i grow up :P , i want a house with shelves and shelves and shelves of books. all sorts of random books - it's not necessary that i've read all of them.

#13) valentine's day is my FAVORITE holiday - hands down. i could have just been dumped and it would still be my favorite.

#14) i can't chew gum for very long. i also can't spit it out...for some reason i ALWAYS feel the need to swallow it.

#15) giving or making random gifts for people or leaving little notes "just because" is definitely one of my favorite things to do. this could be my very best friends or people i barely know. i also love to do it anonymously just because it's more fun that way. i wish i had more time and financial resources to do cooler things!

#16) i feel things through music. it's like i can take just about any song, happy or sad, and relate it to something in my life. sometimes, especially with the happy songs, i don't even have to relate to them, and they can still put me in a really good mood. especially when the weather is beautiful and i can blare them in the car with the windows down.



that's all i've got...until next time... :)

0 comments: