Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Thoughts for the day...

Since 2 out of all 3 of my posts have been more on the serious side - I figured some more light-hearted or really just random thoughts for the day were in order. :)

Elevators. Ever noticed how awkwardly quiet elevators can be? I'm sure that you have. Every time I go to get on the elevator in my building, I always hope that no one else will be on there. It's like something about being cramped in that small space just makes things really weird for everyone. For me, I even think it can be awkward with people I know well. Take my clients for instance or girls I work with. These are people I talk to all the time and know fairly well. 5 minutes before the elevator comes we could be chatting it up about all sorts of things, BUT, the moment we step on the elevator together it's like there's nothing of substance left to talk about. All of a sudden we resort to conversations like "Got any plans for the evening" or "I hope it's not still so hot out". Ha - maybe it's just me, but either way, it's really the oddest thing.

Individuals in need of a lawyer. That's a little awkwardly worded and I'm not really sure what to call them since that's what they are, so I'll just explain. In my office we have a lot of different law firms. One in particular gets more calls than most, and we take payments from their clients when the lawyer isn't working in the office.

For starters, we answer calls for that company by saying "Good morning, the Smith Law Group" (name changed), and I'd guess that 3 out of 5 times the first thing the caller on the other end says is "Is this the Smith Law Firm?" Ummm - hello...isn't that what I just said? The mean spirited sarcastic part of me often wants to tell them no wonder they need a lawyer because obviously they don't know how to listen or pay attention. Honestly, I don't know what it is about this certain law firm, but isn't it interesting that all their clients, and only their clients, seem to completely miss the greeting more often than not?

Secondly, lets talk about payments, or even the particular lawyer in the company they've chosen to work with. Clients for this law firm come to drop off payments for the lawyer, yet are often unaware of the name of their lawyer. Now, call me crazy, but if I'm bringing by a couple hundred dollars in cash to drop off to my lawyer, or anyone for that matter, I'd say it's pretty important that I know his name. Obviously whatever case it is you're dealing with is important enough to be handled by a lawyer and you'd think it'd be more important to actually know what that lawyers name was. Maybe that's just me...

Lightning Bugs. Next week I'm working Kindercamp at NLC and I couldn't be more excited! Even better, I get to be a Lightning Bug which is my favorite huddle! I'm hoping to find some cool way to make a little light for my shirt on huddle day. Now that would be awesome and super creative...but we'll have to see how that actually plays out!

I love the cute little 5 and 6 year olds and their silliness! They are so precious, it doesn't even phase me to swim in the lake with them because it's just too fun not to! Add to all this that my 5 year old nephew will also be at Kindercamp and sleeping over with me all week and I'm thinking it's going to be a fabulous week! :) Tiring for sure - but WOW I can not wait!

Bachelorette. Jillian picked the right guy for her! I think even if I hadn't googled spoilers for the end, that she really did seem to lean most towards Ed. A lot of people don't like him, but I do, especially for her! I think it's because I'm all about happy endings, and I think Jillian genuinely is really into this guy. She broke poor Reid's heart, but that's okay - maybe I can take a little trip to Phillie and let him know I'm still available! I'd def. be his friend! :P

I watched the finale with more guys than girls which was a little ironic. Surprisingly, one of the guys actually watched the show all season long! It was def. not a quiet evening with 10 people present at times and over half of them boys, and I missed a whole lot of things that were said. But, I think it was so much fun that it didn't really matter what was said in the end. I just loved getting to hang out with everyone! :P

0 comments: