Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Summer fading to fall

Hard to believe that we are already more than half-way through August and summer will be over soon! This summer has been full of fantastic memories and I'll be sad to see it go; but, I'm also super excited about all that fall brings! Here are some favorite memories of summer and what I'm looking forward to most about fall. :)

Sweet summer favorites:

#1) NLC. I love love love getting to visit campfires and skit nights, and this year, pretty much every other thing that happened in the evenings out there. Working Kindercamp - also a BIG plus!

#2) BEACH. The ocean is my favorite place to be, and while I would visit there all year around, it's a lot harder to find friends to go with when it's cold so I usually only see it during the hot summer months.

#3) RASCAL FLATTS. It's possible you could confuse me for a giddy school girl when these guys come to town. You either love them or you hate them, and I'm on the far extreme side of loving them. They are the only concert I feel the need to attend every year and it always proves to be so worth it!

#4) TRIPLE K. (name changed to protect the innocent) Late night trips to Krispy Kreme when the hot light is on. Throw in some really good friends and is any more explanation really needed?

#5) PENNSYLVANIA. While my grandparents aren't doing great, it has been fantastic to see them and other family in Pennsylvania on more than one occasion this summer.

#6) WEDDINGS. I've always loved weddings, I'm just odd I think. But, I love them even more now because it means I get to see tons of good friends from college! :)

#7) ICED WHITE MOCHAS. Yummy, ice cold, coffee goodness! I'll continue to drink them all year long, but those 100 degree days make them even more enjoyable.

#8)BIG BROTHER. My mouth pretty much hangs open in shock every time I watch this show. I LOVE it; as much, and somedays, possibly more than I do the Bachelor/Bachelorette - and that is a big deal. :)

Fast forward to fall:

#1) STATE FAIR. The people, the food, the rides, all of it! I even get the email each year saying when advance tickets go on sale. Who wants to come with me one of the almost 5 or 6 guaranteed times that I'll go?! :P

#2) HOODIES. I pretty much love anything that has a hood, but especially sweatshirt hoodies. Fall is a fantastic time for sporting these comfortable things and I can not wait.

#3) FOOTBALL. Don't know when it happened, but at some point I decided that I just really love football. Most specifically, the Wolfpack - even when they are not so hot (I'm not a fair-weather fan!), followed closely by the Steelers. Now, this doesn't mean that I have to religiously watch every single game or that I understand all the rules, but I def. enjoy what I get to see on TV or am lucky enough to attend in person - A LOT.

#4) BIRTHDAY. What's not to love about having a birthday? :)

#5) NLC. Isn't it great that so much stuff goes on at camp it can be on my summer AND fall lists? :) Upward, Blast, and High School Hangout all start up soon!

#6) TV. I never used to watch much TV probably because I just didn't have time. Now for the most part I still don't have time, but I have discovered the beauty of watching shows online. New episodes of NCIS, Castle, The Mentalist, and CSI: Miami are what I'm really excited about!

#7) THANKSGIVING. Family and lots of good food!

0 comments: