Monday, August 10, 2009

my week of vacation

I spent last week working at NLC as a Kindercamp counselor for the Lightning Bugs!!! It was def. nice to have a week off from my full-time job and get to spend the days playing with 5 year olds! :) Our huddle was full of super-cute kids and we had very well behaved kids so that was definitely a blessing! I've been a Kindercamp counselor many times before but for some reason last week, at the beginning I was really struggling. Monday especially, I felt like I didn't know what to do next, where to go, or if I was even doing anything right! I don't usually lack so much self-confidence at things that I've done hundreds of time before and love doing, but Monday was def. an emotional battle! Thankfully, by the end of the day Tuesday I was having fun and felt a lot more comfortable and confident!

Ashton, my nephew, was also at day camp this past week, so we had a week long sleepover at my house. Can I just say that spending entire days with fifteen 5 and 6 year olds non-stop and then taking one home with you is VERY tiring! I mean, I pretty much didn't want to do anything once I got home in the evenings and was in bed by 930 nearly every night!

Friday night was supposed to be a sleepover with Daryl and Shelley but we got home from 2nd supper around 12am and by 1205am I was literally passed out SNORING on the floor! Ha! Every once in a while I'd wake up and add some random insight to whatever conversation was going on, and then immediately put my head down and fall right back asleep! Thank goodness for the rest of the weekend when I was able to get lots of rest!


Saturday night we had a goodbye cookout for John B. who's leaving Wednesday for Korea! What a fun time hanging out with friends! One of our plans was to walk to the trail in the dark, but somehow it turned into a secret plan to split off into small groups and try and ambush and scare myself and Shelley on the dark camp road. Thankfully, with help from a couple of other girls, we made it safely back to the house! :) However, that only happened, after we discovered the fact that Dwight has a ridiculously large barbed-wire fence behind his house! It's possible I might have almost wet my pants in shock and amusement when I saw that! True story.

Easily the highlight of the night was playing extreme spoons! I've seen it played before but never actually been apart of the action. WOW is all I can say. I was bleeding and slightly bruised after Saturday nights games, but after an even bigger battle when playing Sunday night, my arms and legs now look like I'm possibly in an abusive relationship. The fun had playing the game was so completely worth it! :)


Sunday night I also got to hear Daryl, Rebecca, Anna, Josh, John, Caleb, and David J. talk about their trip to Cambodia! It was awesome to hear about the things that God used them to do while they were there and how they were taught and humbled by God and learned so many things from the people in Cambodia that God is using still in their lives since they've been back!

100% God has given me a heart to travel the globe and tell others about Him and the way that He has changed my life and how He loves them and wants to be apart of theirs. I've been on a few short term mission trips ranging from a month to a month and a half and I've loved every minute of each and wished for more time in each country! I'd say when I've planned out my future I've always known that missions is something that will be apart of it, but more in the short term sense, like the trips I've been on before. However, last night, listening to some of the people speak and seeing the pictures and hearing about the joy of these Cambodian people, really reminded me even more about how much I want to GO! To add to it, continuously in my head and heart was this feeling that I shouldn't just be praying about short-term missions but what if God is calling me to be praying about something bigger than that?! Like long-term...be it a couple of years or the rest of my life? Now, I don't know that this is what He does or doesn't want at all. Maybe He just wants my willingness to say that I would give up all my comforts here for more than just a couple of months to follow Him at any cost. But it was def. scary and exciting, and a lot to think about how this could be something He has in store for me. Definitely something to be praying about! I'm excited no matter what to see what God has planned next!

That's enough for now. :)

0 comments: