Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Failing already!

Only a couple of months of blogging and I'm already failing! Okay, well comparatively, maybe not, since every other month I've had 4 posts and so this meets my quota for September! We'll see if I become a real over-achiever and decide to add a super special post #5 this month! :P


Recent happenings

#1) I spent a Saturday at the zoo recently and was so happy to get to see the polar bear playing! He's my favorite animal at the zoo I think, even though up to this point I've only ever seen him snoozing! Thankfully, we got there just in time to see him playing with his toys! Wow was he cute - looked like a HUGE cuddly teddy bear; of course, I'm sure that's not how he would have acted had I decided to see if he wanted to play! Still though, seeing him made the whole trip worth it! :)





#2) Upward is now in full swing! I can't believe we're already into week 3 of practices! Oddly enough, I'm helping with 2 basketball teams and only 1 cheerleading team! Considering I know less than nothing about basketball, it's a little interesting, but I know it'll be super fun to watch the kids play! And, in a positive note, I now know what "setting a pick" is and the purpose of it - so I'm definitely learning! I'll be a pro in no time!...or not. ha :P

#3) Soon I'll be picking up hours again at the spa. That means even more hours working every other week, but I do love the spa and I've got to do something to make a little extra money! I'm glad I was able to go back!


#4) Megan's wedding is THIS WEEKEND! I'm super excited for her big day, so I can only imagine how happy she must be to finally have it here! I'm certain she will be one of the most beautiful brides ever! We had her bridesmaid luncheon this weekend, then all of the bridesmaids (minus Lori :( ) and Meg went to downtown Wilmington for a little spa fun and then dinner and dessert at the Little Dipper. That place was ridiculously good!





She also let us in on a little surprise we'll be ....participating in... at her wedding. Should make for some good pictures...and laughs. Hopefully we'll be laughing with the others - not just getting laughed at! :P





Completely Humbled

Lately, I've been stressing a little about what to do with certain situations in my life, specifically concerning housing and work. It's not unusual for me to stress over these things, but in less than a month I was going to have to make some pretty big decisions and I've been at wits end about what to do. Last week, God totally reminded me of how big He is and how much He wants to take care of me and IS going to take care of me, but how much He wants me to ask Him for these things.

Off the top of my head, I can think of multiple times when I've been challenged, whether by a close friend or a teacher or speaker of some sort, to pray specifically and expecting God to answer my prayer requests. And each time I've done that, I've seen God answer my prayers so quickly and so directly that I've literally been amazed, just like this time.




Our God is so big and He wants to give us so many things and take care of us. I know that, and I've seen Him do that in my life so many times, but, it's so funny, because so often, I don't pray to Him for these things. Sure, I might mention it to Him in passing, but often, it's as if I possess this attitude of "Well He already knows I need this, so why should I ask?". But the thing is, He wants me to ask, He wants us to ask.



So if He already knows, why would He want me to ask? I'm definitely not the best scholar or interpreter of God's Word, and I sure wish I possessed a lot more knowledge on so many things, but when it comes to this, I can tell you why, at least in my life, it is that He wants me to ask. Those times when I've prayed expecting God to answer my prayer requests, He's done it in such a way that there is NO WAY I can deny that these things came from Him. Talk about giving God the glory, it'd be hard to not give Him the glory in all of those instances because they are things that would never happen "just by coincidence." I think God wants me to ask so that when He answers in that big, awesome way, like I know He will, that I can't do anything other than turn around and give all the credit directly to Him. I can't do anything on my own, and that's why I have to ask God to help me, to provide and lead and direct me, and when I'm finally willing to do that, He amazes me every time.

0 comments: